Why I Started This Blog

I've thought about blogging on and off for a couple of years now.  So why now am I deciding to get it together and begin writing?

A Place to Develop and Document my Thoughts
As so many people do, I regularly read tons blogs along with all sorts of technology, business and entrepreneurship magazines, books, newspapers, etc.  This is how I keep up with what's happening and where I find much of my inspiration.  This blog will be a destination to not only post the best articles I read, but also to comment on them and add my own take on a particular subject.  This is a perfect medium for me to document and develop my thinking.  I have no doubt this will make me smarter.

Teaching and Inspiring Others Fuels my Passion
I really enjoy teaching others - especially about things that interest me.  Anyone who knows me personally knows I can be very enthusiastic about the things I'm passionate about.  If I can help a friend, colleague or stranger understand and learn something new, or spark their curiosity and passion - that feeds my own.  I hope I can provide value to any readers who may stumble upon this blog - even if only a few.

It's Fun!
I've always liked to write.  But this is more than just writing, this blog is a place that's all mine.  It's simply fun to design my own layout, choose a background, write headlines, share my photos and videos and watch site traffic increase.  It's not only going to make me a better writer, but it allows me to dabble in design, helps me think through interesting or critical business concepts, and recognize trends and connect the dots.  What's better than learning new skills while doing something that's fun and your very own?

It's clear that, for the most part, I'm writing for me.  I realize that's contrary to "blogging best practices" that say that you should write for the reader.  But the way I see it, if I write for myself - about the things that I'm interested in, passionate about, and inspired by - my writing will be that much better, more thoughtful and ultimately more valuable for any visitor who may come across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment