My Daily Reading List

I thought I'd share a few of my daily information sources. (in no particular order).


  • Wall Street Journal - Usually I'll browse through the most popular stories, then the business, media & marketing, personal finance and technology sections.
  • Seth Godin's Blog - For many of you I probably don't need to elaborate on this one.  A true marketing and business guru (I don't throw that term around lightly), Seth Godin writes at least one new post every day. They're short, well-argued and intelligent.  
  • "Cheat Sheet," The Daily Beast (I prefer the iPhone app) - My friend Jonathan Petrino turned me on to this one.  I was familiar with The Daily Beast but not their "Cheat Sheet." It's seriously the most simple, time-saving resource I know of.  The tagline is "Must Reads From All Over."  It's just that - an aggregation of top news stories from tons of different sources.  The Beast writes an original one-paragraph summary of each story and then provides a link to the full article if you care to dig deeper.  Spend 10 minutes a day reading through these and it's unlikely you'll miss an important current event or story.  
  • Harvard Business Review Blog Network - This probably needs no explanation but they produce a lot of content and I make a point to read at least one article a day.  You can always find some fresh thinking from some smart business people.
  • Springwise - One of my favorite websites, Springwise.com's tagline is "your daily fix of entrepreneurial ideas."  I love reading about new businesses so I frequent this site. It's great for inspiration and sparking some creativity.
Of course, there are many more blogs and resources I look through regularly, including Mashable, Entrepreneur Mag, Forbes, Inc., NYT, local newspapers, MintLife Blog, etc. - But the ones I described above are my favorites - and for good reason.

What are you favorite sources for information?  Let me know, I'm always looking for new places to find interesting stuff to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment